Saturday, January 26, 2013

Kitchen Gadgets

If you're anything like me, the smallest, most specific kitchen gadgets are what make cooking fun! In my spare time, I sometimes go around on the Internet looking for new kitchen gadgets, not to necessarily buy them, but it is certainly cool seeing what is out there. Here are a few of my favorites that I've recently (as in today) come across:

iSi Gourmet Whip Injector
A couple of years back, I got a cookbook from one of my favorite bakeries. There was a recipe for a cupcake they sold at their store, and the cupcake was filled with frosting. To get the frosting in, they instructed to cut out the top of the cake, spoon the frosting in, and then put the cake piece back on top. Needless to stay, it was easier said than done, and so if I were ever to make a cupcake again with a filling, this would certainly be handy. If interested in checking this out, visit: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/isi-gourmet-whip-injectors/?cm_src=AutoRel.

Microplane Herb Mill

When cooking, 90% of the time I use dried herbs. I would prefer fresh ones because they definitely give a dish a brighter and fresher flavor, but I don't always have the time to deal with the extra work. But this gadget sure seems like it would help. You stick the herbs in, and by twisting the end, the herbs become minced. How cool! Check it out here: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/microplane-herb-mill/?pkey=cfruit-vegetable-tools&.

Chef'n Mini Pie Lifter

Truthfully, I don't understand why one would need it in a kitchen. Isn't that what pot holders are for? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the intent of the product. Has anyone ever used this before? Let me know! http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/chefn-mini-pie-lifter/?pkey=cbaking-pastry-tools&

That's all the gadgets for today. Just browsing Williams-Sonoma's website, it's amazing all the products that are out there that only serve one purpose. But there are definitely are people that love them.

What are your favorite tools in the kitchen? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All of your comments are greatly appreciated!