Friday, January 25, 2013

The New Food Network Logo

Before I get to the actual post, I feel as though, being a new blogger, I have an obligation to preface my first few blogs by asking those who are reading to please follow or add my link to their posts and spread the word about my blog. With reassurance from other bloggers, I can make this blog great!

Food Network Logo Transformation: I'm not sure if those reading this blogs are aware, as this is a food-oriented blog, but tonight (or tomorrow evening for those in Australia) is the women's final of the tennis Australian Open. Therefore, I have about an hour to kill before the match begins, so I figured I would share my thoughts on the new Food Network logo. 



Old Logo
Above is the old logo, and in all honesty, this is the logo I prefer. I know, it's just a logo so maybe you are wondering why I even care; but I do care because Food Network has been a source of entertainment for so much of my life. Possibly part of the reason I prefer this logo is because it is the one they have had for ten years so I've grown accustomed to it, but I think more than the new logo (which I will post below), this logo is more elegant and classic.
With the new logo, the silver ring around the circle and the shadow contrast of the red background (okay, I see I sound like I have lots of knowledge about art here, but just stick with me) as well as the rounded font, to me, is more retro than modern. Although maybe these days retro is modern. Nonetheless, it is certainly not something I'm angry or upset over (and if I was, well...), just something I wanted to share my opinion about considering I had free time.

I'm extremely curious to hear your thoughts about the logo being as I haven't been able to find much reaction from Food Network viewers on the Internet.

Happy blogging, 
Rachel

1 comment:

All of your comments are greatly appreciated!